Procedures - Becoming a Marshal
To become a warranted marshal in Atlantia, you must follow the following process.
- Become an SCA member. All marshals must maintain an active SCA membership.
- Become authorized in the discipline in question. (Exceptions to this are made on a case by case basis)
- Find a Sponsoring Marshal to guide you through the process.
- Request a disipline specific marshal warrant, indicating your training is in progress, in the Atlantian Warrant Registry.
- Print out and read the rules.
- Take the disipline specific marshal class and the field marshal classes, frequently taught at the University of Atlantia.
- Print the disipline specific Marshal In Training (MIT) form, and have it signed by the disipline specific marshal in charge at each event you train at.
- Act as an “in-training” marshal at numerous events, following Kingdom Policy 220.127.116.11.7.
- Request a disipline specific marshal warrant, indicating your training is complete, in the Atlantian Warrant Registry, including a scan or high resolution photgraph of your completed MIT form.
Upon submission of your marshal warrant request, your request will be reviewed and you will be notified as to your status as a warranted marshal.